Sorouh Real Estate, Abu Dhabi's second largest developer by market value, has announced its financial figures for the fourth quarter but the results remained disappointing for the firm. The firm posted a net loss of AED199m ($54m) during the period as compared to a net profit of AED28.1m during the corresponding period last year.
The decline in its net profit is attributed to AED370m of provisions and impairments it had taken last year. The real estate firm reported 61 per cent decline in its full year revenue while its revenue for the three months to December 31 fell 51 percent to AED214m, according to a release issued by the firm.
Sorouh's Managing Director Abubaker Seddiq Al Khouri, said, "In the short-term, 2011 and 2012 will be years of delivery for us. This means significant cash generation for the business and profits for shareholders."
The firm, he said, has set a target to construct 1500 houses by the end of current year and continue to focus on its existing real estate portfolio.
Property rates continued to decline since the global financial crisis in 2008. Property value slashed more than 45 per cent in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man