Seeing the number of early deaths from strokes getting more than halved, looks like battle against stroke, which is also known as the country’s biggest killers is being fought well.
The achievement was termed as a ‘fantastic achievement’ by Shona Robison, health minister.
In the decline, the key factors responsible are getting diagnosed early to figure out the problem well in time and leading a healthy lifestyle.
From 1995 to 2010, among those who were less than 75, a target of bringing down deaths from strokes by half was set by the NHS Scotland. There was a major decrease in the mortality rate for strokes in 1995 to 2009, which was 37.5 per 100,000 to 17.2, respectively.
In Scotland, there was also a dip in the number of overall stroke deaths that was 6821 in 2000 and came down to 4911 in 2009.
There was a gap seen in number of stroke deaths in men and in women, it was higher in women.
Robison said, "NHS Scotland has exceeded its target of achieving a 50 per cent reduction in premature stroke deaths, a year ahead of schedule. Between 1995 and 2009, not only have we seen a 54 per cent cut in deaths from stroke among under-75s, we've also seen a 59.6 per cent reduction, against a 60 per cent target.”
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man