The after effects and moaning for the loss of lives in Christchurch earthquake continues. The people are also sad over the loss of the television station of this region.
A report suggests that out of 25 Canterbury Television staff, 15 have lost their lives after the CTV building collapsed after the earthquake. This deadly incident happened on 25th February. It is being estimated that approximately 100 people were in the building that day.
The Civil Defence have announced a shift from rescue to recover within the entire city. The central city cordon faced the most of the deaths.
Reports also state that police are yet to recover the bodies trapped inside the rubble. This building was completely destroyed in the earthquake. The police told the relatives of the people that there is a very little chance to find out anyone alive.
A message was uploaded on the official website of CTV stating that the building collapsed on February 22, 2011. There have been many missing staffs and many lives have lost.
“The thoughts and heartfelt sympathies of those who remain go out to the families and friends of our missing colleagues, and to all in Christchurch who are missing or have lost a loved one in this tragedy”, the website reported.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man