Various services meant for the elderly people like meals on wheels and home helps are costing extra charges that elderly people are paying.
Social care services like dressing and bathing are costing a lot and it has been reported that plans to increase these charges are there for almost nine in ten councils and this happens due to government cuts.
According to a Labour Party survey, there are possibilities of tightening up eligibility criteria for free care, closure of council-run care homes and day centres are also on the cards.
Elderly care is facing crisis and this has been proved by the fact that councils up and down the country are slashing the services that helps old people stay in their homes.
Properties are being sold by more and more elderly people to foot for their residential care as it has become very expensive.
Social care is not being protected by ministers, according to the Labour health spokeswoman Emily Thornberry.
She said, “The Tory-led Government's approach means huge changes are being brought in very quickly, giving little time for consultation with staff and service users.”
- A few Royals to get a sneak peek of the Chelsea Flower Show ahead of its public opening
- Nicki Minaj gives Lil Wayne a Lapdance at the 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- The Osbourne’s are re-united
- Rajinikanth’s Kochadaiyaan couldn’t make it to the Cannes Film Festival screening
- Combination Food of Soy and Tomato Can Probably Help in Prostate Cancer