The gene responsible for the happiness of a person has been located by the scientists. This gene is actually the one that is responsible for the development of Serotonin in the brain. The discovery was made by the team of scientists in the London School of Economics. The results of the study have been given out in the Journal of Human Genetics.
The gene actually manipulates the happiness of a person. There is a direct link in the happiness of a person and this gene. The gene is called 5-HTT. This is the one which has genetic codes attached to it that affect the serotonin transporters in the cells of the body. The genealogy of a body is a very complex process and it may be short term or long term. The genes of an individual are inherited from the parents.
The research was based upon a set of questions with various options to the participants. There was a strong connection found in the functioning of this gene with the happiness of a person. This tends to explain the reason why some people are naturally happier than others.
"It has long been suspected that this gene plays a role in mental health but this is the first study to show that it is instrumental in shaping our individual happiness levels”, Jan-Emmanuel De Neve said.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man