Dr Bryan Caplan, an Academic and Economist from George Mason University in Virginia, America has advised the parents of young kids to adopt fun style of bringing up. He said that parents should not be very strict with their kids.
They should choose a relaxed approach for them and must allow them to eat pizza and watch more television. He said as a part of ‘good parenting’, the parents must permit their children to have organized music lessons, sports and educational games. These things do not make a significant difference to children when they grow as adults.
Dr. Caplan said that most of the parents adopt for the theory which includes tough love, hard work and minimal play which is not correct. He also said that most of the parents keeps busy these days in their lives and give less time to their kids which can affect the emotional balance of kids.
Parents are also advised to fight to improve the academic achievements of their child. Parenting has a long term affect on a wide range of outcomes of children such as health and success in later life so it’s important to adopt a healthy approach.
- Shanghai reports PM2.5 pollutants much more than WHO recommended level
- Pregnant teenagers to be helped
- NBN Co report: Shortfalls in FTTN CVC revenue could keep FTTP prices high
- Cut-off date for Windows 7 shipping with new PCs is November 1, 2014
- ACCC warning consumers about ‘freemium’ child-friendly game apps