Emirates Airline inks ‘Code Share Partnership’ with V Australia
Dubai-based Emirates Airline has entered into a code share partnership with Virgin Blue Group’s new international airline, V Australia, on the trans-Tasman route applicable from 25, October 2009.
The code share agreement, which is Emirates’ first with an Australian carrier – will provide V Australia guests connections when traveling between New Zealand and the USA.
Under the arrangement, V Australia will market the seats allocated to it under the code share agreement. The code share flights will be identified with the Emirates ‘EK’ code as well as with V Australia’s ‘VA’ code.
With the pact, now the passengers can travel on the Trans-Tasman sector using Emirates’ service and connect conveniently to/from V Australia’s international service between Sydney and Los Angeles.
It should be noted that apart from this, Emirates Airline has other code share agreements with Air India, Air Malta, Air Mauritius, Continental Airlines, Japan Airlines, Jet Airways, Korean Airlines, Oman Air, Philippine Airlines, Royal Air Maroc, South African Airways and Thai Airways.
New Zealand News
- First deliveries of all-electric Porsche in Australia to take place this weekend
- Crown Resorts suffers record six-month loss due to COVID-19 closures
- Australia’s Crown Resorts 'not suitable' for Sydney gaming license: Inquiry Commission
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19