Newly Launched Address System in Dubai inspected by RTA
The officials of Roads and Transport Authority (RTA), on Thursday examined the areas falling under the experimental phase of the recently launched address system in Dubai.
In order to see the progress of the experiment, Maitha bin Adai, Chief Executive Officer of Traffic and Roads Agency visited areas in Jumeirah 3 and Shaikh Zayed Road.
She reported, “The new system is clear, concise, simple and easy as it is based on building numbers and names of road and sectors displayed on directional boards, instead of district names used in the old system.”
The advantage of this system would be that postal could be added at later stage.
Maitha added, “Motorists are required to acquaint themselves with several aspects associated with the directional boards, such as the background colour, destination of each route, signs displayed and exit number system.”
New Zealand News
- First deliveries of all-electric Porsche in Australia to take place this weekend
- Crown Resorts suffers record six-month loss due to COVID-19 closures
- Australia’s Crown Resorts 'not suitable' for Sydney gaming license: Inquiry Commission
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19