Increased Seafood Exports To UAE, Mideast eyed by Malaysian Firms
As per the fresh reports flowing in, the upcoming "Sea Food Expo 2009" in Dubai, which is dubbed as the region's only dedicated seafood event, will be participated by a 14-member Malaysian delegation.
The event is also part of an extensive plan to go beyond the US$1.59 million in seafood exports recorded by Malaysia, to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in 2008.
Via a statement, Infofish director Dr. S. Subasinghe said: "With the Middle East fast becoming one of the leading hubs for halal seafood trade, Malaysian companies are very interested in exposing their high quality certified halal seafood products to prospective regional and global customers in the country."
Inflofish was launched in 1981 as a project of the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) of the United Nations; and it groups Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Iran, DPR Korea, Malaysia, Maldives, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Philippines, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands and Thailand. It is an inter-governmental organization that aims at providing marketing information and technical advisory services to the fishery industry in the Asia-Pacific region.
Dr S. Subasinghe, further informed that member countries' participation at the show, as well as their aims to set up contacts with budding buyers in the Middle East, were supported by Inflofish.
He said: "This will highly impact their growth and development plans for the halal seafood export industry to the region."
The organizer of the event, Orange Fair & Events, specified that the seafood show to be held from 12th October to 14th October will witness the participation of over 200 companies from 33 countries.
"With an estimated 10 to 15 tonnes of seafood being auctioned off within the Dubai fish market on a daily basis, the trade in the UAE remained thriving amid the current recession," it concluded.
New Zealand News
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- MGE gets six-month extension for South Korea’s Inspire Entertainment Resort development project
- Price of two cheapest trims of Tesla Model 3 electric sedan increased by $500
- Genting Malaysia asks employees to accept reduced pay; executives to take leave without pay
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies