Ironic it seems in a first go, a case of a breast cancer charity director being diagnosed with breast cancer for the second time has been capturing the attention of media glare.
Even after being diagnosed with breast cancer, Audrey Birt, Breakthrough Breast Cancer's Director for Scotland, took a brave attempt to inspire others to help women suffering with such a disease. Audrey added, “It's not what I was planning' is my mantra about my recent diagnosis of early breast cancer for the second time in my life. The first was in 1994 when I was in my 30s”.
Aged around 50s, Audrey decided to put her personal concerns aside to share her pain and agony with millions of women struggling with breast cancer through a blog.
Audrey is sound believer of the fact that writing online on a blog can prove out to be a great emotional support to the women who are battling with emotional trauma after being diagnosed with breast cancer.
Though women at younger age are at a higher risk of breast cancer, elderly women who are at higher risk of other health concerns in addition to breast cancer are at a higher risk of dying from the same.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man