As per the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) official, over a million passengers have up to now traveled in Dubai Metro.
The authority said that almost 1,018,030 passengers had used Dubai Metro until September 25th and on Saturday alone, 52,000 people travelled via it.
The Eid holidays witnessed that the maximum number of passengers per day aboard the Metro at any given time - the high number of passengers were visitors from other emirates as well as foreign tourists.
Notable 22,266,671 passengers traveled on the Metro from September 20 to 22, during the Eid holidays.
Peyman Younes Parham, director of RTA's marketing and Corporate Communication Department expressed that the highest number of passengers on the Metro were mostly the joy-riders.
Parham said: "The Metro has exceeded our expectations."
He said, "Mall of the Emirates Station topped the list by serving 192,585 passengers followed by Rashidiya Station with 147,741 passengers and Khalid bin Al Waleed Station serving 138,720 passengers."
While Nakheel Harbour and Tower managed 122,997 passengers, Al Ittihad Station dealt with 108,467, Deira City Center with 99,871, Financial Center Station with 70,973, Rigga Station with 62,621, Jafliya Station with 41,674 passengers, and Airport T-3 Station ranked lowest with 32,381 passengers.
- Beautiful Conjunction of 3 Planets to Take place in Last 10 Days of May
- Health report Disclosed Shocking Patterns Followed by Locals
- Australian Nursing Federation Urges State Government to Take Measures over Violence
- Tasmania's Health Department Refuses Link between Illnesses and Contaminated Water
- Veterinary Directorate Grants Approval for Fast-Tracking of Schmallenberg Vaccine