Dementia and Alzheimer's Diseases Can Soon be Differentiated
A team of researchers has notified that they are quite near to find out the reason behind dementia. The study has recognized a way in which dementia and Alzheimer's disease will be distinguished. After this information, the UK Government has decided to provide assistance to the researchers, by funding them with £150 million in dementia research.
Study was conducted by the researchers at the University of Gothenburg, where they scrutinized the human cerebrospinal fluid, and found out a chain of new proteins that help in transferring definite sugar molecules.
An article, about the trials of National Academy of Sciences, stated that a large strength of the novel proteins was observed in the dementia patient which is caused by Alzheimer's disease.
"If we can link the formation of these molecules to the disease mechanisms behind Alzheimer's, then there's hope that we can also develop new drugs that can affect the course of this serious disease", stated Goran Larson, one of the researchers in the study.
The Alzheimer's Society informed that the NHS and other health authorities will be able to combat against dementia through the research methodology.
Department of Health has planned to spend £20 million to build four new National Institute for Health Research Biomedical Research Units in the next five years.
New Zealand News
- Tesla to design & build affordable EV in China: Tom Zhu
- First deliveries of all-electric Porsche in Australia to take place this weekend
- Crown Resorts suffers record six-month loss due to COVID-19 closures
- Australia’s Crown Resorts 'not suitable' for Sydney gaming license: Inquiry Commission
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?