Federal National Council (FNC) elections, scheduled for September 24 this year, are likely to register huge turnout with rise in electoral rolls.
More than 129,000 Emiratis are eligible to cast their votes during the forthcoming elections in which the right to elect members of the Federal National Council (FNC) was extended to almost 20 times those enfranchised in 2006 elections.
Dr Anwar Mohammad Gargash, Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Minister of State for Federal National Council Affairs and Chairman of the National Election Committee (NEC) hailed the leadership of the crown adding that such large enrollment by people indicates wider political participation in the United Arab Emirates.
He went on to say, “Today’s announcement is a vital step in the preparations for the FNC elections in 2011. This demonstrates that the program to promote political participation in the UAE and empower the FNC is proceeding in the right direction."
- Postage Prices will Decrease from Sunday; USPS not too Happy About It
- Marriott and Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc Shareholders Approve to $14.41 Sales Deal
- UK plan to impose additional tax on sugary drinks
- Obesity during pregnancy may increase risk of very ‘large babies’
- Dropping Sales at Gap’s Key Brands hurt the Company’s Shares