Federal National Council (FNC) elections, scheduled for September 24 this year, are likely to register huge turnout with rise in electoral rolls.
More than 129,000 Emiratis are eligible to cast their votes during the forthcoming elections in which the right to elect members of the Federal National Council (FNC) was extended to almost 20 times those enfranchised in 2006 elections.
Dr Anwar Mohammad Gargash, Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Minister of State for Federal National Council Affairs and Chairman of the National Election Committee (NEC) hailed the leadership of the crown adding that such large enrollment by people indicates wider political participation in the United Arab Emirates.
He went on to say, “Today’s announcement is a vital step in the preparations for the FNC elections in 2011. This demonstrates that the program to promote political participation in the UAE and empower the FNC is proceeding in the right direction."
- Scientists discover Oldest Stone Tool in Turkey
- Rods and Cones of 300-Million-Year-Old Fossilized Fish still well Preserved
- Xiaomi to Invests 1.27 billion Yuan in Midea, a Home Appliance Manufacturing Company
- Following the Great Recession the Wealth Inequality Gap between Whites, Blacks and the Hispanics Widen
- Former Atlantic City Showboat Casino Bought by Richard Stockton College