Federal National Council (FNC) elections, scheduled for September 24 this year, are likely to register huge turnout with rise in electoral rolls.
More than 129,000 Emiratis are eligible to cast their votes during the forthcoming elections in which the right to elect members of the Federal National Council (FNC) was extended to almost 20 times those enfranchised in 2006 elections.
Dr Anwar Mohammad Gargash, Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Minister of State for Federal National Council Affairs and Chairman of the National Election Committee (NEC) hailed the leadership of the crown adding that such large enrollment by people indicates wider political participation in the United Arab Emirates.
He went on to say, “Today’s announcement is a vital step in the preparations for the FNC elections in 2011. This demonstrates that the program to promote political participation in the UAE and empower the FNC is proceeding in the right direction."
- Nelson Mandela Raised Living Standards in South Africa
- Asians Contribute Most to Growing Ethnic Diversity in New Zealand
- Manchester Tribunal to Decide Over First UK Prosecution
- US Experts to Assess Kids Heart Surgery Future on All-Ireland Basis
- Shanghai reports PM2.5 pollutants much more than WHO recommended level