In a bid to deliver a more efficient, patient-focused service centre in New Zealand, Health Minister Tony Ryall has extended a financial leeway of $37 million to build a state-of-the-art Elective Surgery Centre at North Shore Hospital.
Confirming the news, the health minister is of the opinion that the Elective Surgery Centre (ESC) will play a vital role in reducing waiting times for non-emergency surgery.
"This increase in efficiency is based on new workforce arrangements, the streamlining of pre and post surgical visits and will provide patients with an appointment for surgery at the time of their consultation”, said Mr. Ryall.
Having 40 beds, four operating theatres and staffed by a team of 80 clinicians, the new centre is expected to get completed in 2012. As a specialist elective surgery centre, it will address general health concerns, which would help giving medical attention to emergency cases.
It has been informed that the centre will render wide range of services and would undertake nearly 6,000 operations per year, approximately 25% being additional operations.
It’s being believed that soon a 50 - bed Assessment and Diagnostic Unit and new emergency department will be completed in October, thereby ensuring that continued improvement in the regional health services is among the key priorities for New Zealand.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man