Dubai Investments, in which sovereign fund Investment Corporation of Dubai (ICD)owns an 11.5-percent stake, has announced financial figures for the second quarter, reporting 30 per cent decline in its net profit. The UAE based conglomerate said that it would secure additional financing for expansion of business during the remaining period of current financial year.
Net profit of Dubai Investments stood at 137.9 million dirhams as compared to 196.3 million during the corresponding period last year. Company’s net profit for the first half was stood at 239 million dirhams.
Dubai Investments, having interests in various sectors such as real estate and manufacturing, suffered a loss due to regional un-stability across the region. The firm has to complete a large number of projects and looking for finance opportunities from lenders.
Firm’s Chief Executive Khalid Bin Kalban said, "Negotiations for additional facilities are at advanced stages and expected to be concluded in the second half of the year."
Meanwhile, shares of Dubai Investments, the largest investment company listed on the Dubai Financial Market ended with decline of 1.9 per cent on the Dubai Stock Exchange.
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man