Philippine National School (PNS), operating from a villa, gathered wreath of people following its announcement to cut the number of pupil by nearly half before the starting of coming academic session. People gathered at the embassy for registering their strong protest against the decision of the school that is to cut the number of pupils from 1,200 to 650, thus, pushing 550 children in dark.
The Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC), in fact, had instructed the school to downsize in line with its policy to phase out villa schools in the emirates so that healthy academic environment may be created for the growth of children. The council said that it is fully concerned about the displaced children and efforts are being made to adjust them in nearby schools.
Meanwhile, people disliked the decision adding that it is untimely and unwarranted at this moment. Donde Cotanda, a sales executive, whose child is in grade six at PNS, said, "We wish that we were informed about these changes earlier because we could have then made the necessary arrangements, including sending our children back home if necessary."
- New York City Rent Guidelines Board in an Unprecedented Move Votes to Freeze Regulated Rents on One-Year Leases
- According to S&P Dubai Real Estate Prices Likely to Drop Ten to Twenty Percent 2015
- Gains Noted in Southern California Home Sales Marking a Rise in Prices
- Fannie Mae Accused of Discriminating Neighborhoods on the Basis of Races by Fair Housing
- Second Quarter Profits of Business Software Provider SAP Drops Due to Higher Expenditures
- The National Football League’s Revenue Growing Rapidly with $1.3 billion Added Revenue in 2014
- Express with Emojis and You Might be Able to Suggest the Next Emoji to be Included on the Keyboard
- Livetext, the New Yahoo Messenger Debuts in Hong Kong before a Wider Release
- Report from a Security Firm Suggests Decline in Spam Rate and Increase in Malware Creation
- President Obama Planning to Make Changes in US Criminal Justice System
- Documents from 2005 Sex-Assault Lawsuit Should Not Be Unsealed, says Bill Cosby’s Lawyer
- Friend of Boston Bomber Sentenced Two And a Half Years of Imprisonment
- Prison Employee faces Charges of helping 2 Prisoners to Escape
- New York police detective shoots gunman who injured a man