Jordan's leading Airport International Group envisages to invest $750 million in redevelopment of Queen Alia International Airport, (QAIA), in the capital, which will enhance its capacity to 21 million passengers.
Mr. Curtis Grad, Chief executive officer of Airport International Group stated in a communiqué that stage I of this terminal is likely to be prepared by early 2012. It will be able to manage 9 million passengers. The stage II will have the capacity to handle additional 12 million passengers.
The sources informed that the group is eyeing inbound traffic from Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Dubai as well as Sharjah including other parts of GCC markets to join with QAIA and benefit from it.
During the latest fiscal, QAIA has clocked a 15 per cent surge in flight volumes, 10 % jump in passengers during summer peak and 4% increase in passenger numbers.
- Helen Flanagan at the launch of her PEATA ad; reveals more than she wanted
- Scientists may use Vitamin C in TB Treatment to Kill Tuberculosis Bacteria
- Jolie’s Revelation of Undergoing Double Mastectomy Creates Needless Panic among Women
- India and UK Sign MOU on Cooperation in the Field Of Health Sector
- Examining Exoplanets, their Surfaces and their Atmosphere