Mothers With “Supermom “Complex More Likely to Feel Frustrated: Study
A new study reveals that working mothers are less likely to show symptoms of depression than mothers who stay at home.
However, the study has also notified that working mothers with a “supermom “complex were more likely to feel frustrated and carry a guilt compared to working mothers, who worry about balancing their working environment and home environment.
Washington sociology graduate student Katrina Leupp, also the study's author presented the research at the annual meeting of the American Sociological Assn. in Las Vegas and stated that women who feel working outside and dealing at home will be difficult for them have better mental health outcomes.
Leupp has examined data of 1,600 women who participated in the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth as young adults and had responded to questions about beliefs and expectations of work and family life.
Leupp stated that women who feel that it's not difficult to work and take care of kids may also be dealing with "supermom" complex, trying to become the overachievers in all aspects of life.
Leupp said that the women should be gentle towards their approach. "Accept that if the balance between work and family feels hard, it's because it is. It's not because you're not successful”, Leupp concluded.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain