A newly launched book “Maggie Goes on a Diet” has been facing scrutiny since its launch. The book has been written by Paul M. Kramer. The book is due to be launched in New Zealand on 16th of October. Before this book, Mr. Kramer has self published a number of children books dealing with the issues being faced by kids.
The book has been written in rhyme and provides an opportunity to parents to enjoy with kids by narrating the stories. In Maggie Goes on a Diet, the author has depicted story of a 14-year old girl who goes on a diet and becomes the school football star. The synopsis on the publisher's website reads: “Maggie has so much potential that has been hiding under her extra weight”.
These days, obesity is a growing problem among kids. However, the message being sent by the book’s equation of slenderness with success sends is caring potential of triggering anxiety among kids. Dr. Sloan Madden, a child and adolescent psychiatrist is of the opinion that kids at tender age find it quite difficult to comprehend the hidden meaning behind the message. Because of this, the book has been severely criticized by eating disorder group.
- Scientists may use Vitamin C in TB Treatment to Kill Tuberculosis Bacteria
- Jolie’s Revelation of Undergoing Double Mastectomy Creates Needless Panic among Women
- India and UK Sign MOU on Cooperation in the Field Of Health Sector
- Examining Exoplanets, their Surfaces and their Atmosphere
- Poison is Suspected for Sea Lions Deaths found in Peru