Dr. Shepherd is No More
In a recent report it has been revealed that Dr. John Shepherd, the physician from Belfast, has passed away. He has been involved in making many important studies that have led to the treatment of problems like high blood pressure and so on. He was also a part of the study to bear the pressures of space travel.
He was 92 years old and was suffering from Alzheimer's disease. He breathed his last at a clinic in Minnesota, United States. He used to work here since the year 1957, when he emigrated from Northern Ireland.
He was a man of great knowledge and substance and his death is a great loss to science and technology.
"John Shepherd was a giant in cardiovascular physiology who built the academic medical centre at Mayo Clinic", said Dr. Michael Joyner, his colleague.
He further added that Dr. Shepherd had made important observations about the function of nerves in controlling the blood pressure. His studies have been a major part of the development for the treatment of hypertension. His work was of great utility to the world of science and technology and he shall always be remembered for his enormous contribution towards the same.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids