Clarion Gaming announces opening date for ICE London and iGB Affiliate London 2021
Next editions of ICE London and iGB Affiliate London will now open in June 2021 at ExCeL London in the United Kingdom, Clarion Gaming confirmed, announcing new dates for the two popular events.
Announcing new opening dates, Clarion Gaming said ICE London will run open on 29th of June and run through 1st of July next year at the ExCeL London Exhibition Centre. The co-hosted iGB Affiliate London is now scheduled to take place on 1st and 2nd of July. iGB Live 2021 has been rescheduled to 28th of September to 1st of October.
Organizers of the events were forced to postpone and reschedule ICE London 2020 and iGB Affiliate London 2020 due to COVID-19 pandemic, which forced governments across the globe to issue closure orders for all non-essential businesses and travel restrictions. The various restrictions forced organizers to either cancel or defer their events.
ICE London and iGB Affiliate London 2020’s organizers said they rescheduled the two events following consultations with stakeholders, many of whom requested more time for the gaming industry as well as the world economy to stabilize as international business travel continues to be restricted due to COVID-19 pandemic.
The organizers said in a statement, “The decision to move the gaming industry and affiliate events into the summer of 2021 has been necessary and follows close consultation with the international community of stakeholders many of whom requested more time for both the industry and the world economy to stabilize including an easing of regulations covering international business travel.”
Clarion Gaming’s Managing Director Kate Chambers said their initially wanted to move ICE London and iGB Affiliate London events from their historical dates in February to April next year. But, a review of additional steps in light of the government’s updated COVID-19 measures and interests of international stakeholders prompted them to move the opening of the events to late June 2021.
The extension was reportedly paramount in order to support all of client’s requirements, at the same time as underpinning the vision for the 2021 events. While the events have been moved to late June, the Road to ICE and iGB 2021 will start in February 2021 to provide a series of digital opportunities for potential attendees to participate in and get previews of content and products to be exhibited at the two events.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids