Former Soldier Denied Cancer Treatment
In books we have read as to how boundaries over the map change the perception of the world while describing a country or nation. However for the very first time, a cancer patient has been refused of providing care because of the territorial boundaries.
A former soldier, Mark Bannister is now 37 years old but has only 12 more months to live as he has been affected with advanced stage of brain cancer. His doctors and surgeons have informed that the life expectancy of the gentleman can be increased by two years with the help of Avastin.
However, the drug is costlier and therefore it can't be provided by the GPs. But a territory, 15 miles away from Mark's abode is providing the same drug for free of cost to the cancer patients. Mark can't take the benefit of the drug because of NHS postcode lottery.
Mark as a soldier has NHS postcode lottery. He has criticized the bosses of NHS by saying that they are playing dirt game with his life. He was reported as saying, "I was hoping the drug would help me see another couple of Christmases. This Christmas we are just going to try and make as many memories as we can as it will probably be my last one".
Mark was diagnosed with cancer in the month of January. Initially he was provided with chemotherapy which failed to provide him relief. He needs the life saving drug, Avastin so that he could spend few more years with his family members.
The drug is available for free of cost in Scunthorpe, which comes under the supervision of NHS Yorkshire and the Humber rules. However, the life saving drug has not yet been approved by the National Institute of Clinical Excellence, which allows individual NHS trusts to have their own policy in providing drugs.
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network