Derek Thompson Elected As Public Governor
Recently, Morpeth Town Councilor, Derek Thompson had been elected for the post of Public Governor of the Northumberland and Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust. Before being elected the Public Governor, Derek has worked as the Head of Stannington Children’s Hospital.
For long, he has been eyeing over health sectors. As he has been now elected for the post of Public Governor, he is hopeful of bringing significant changes in the way health issues are dealt with. While announcing his appointment, he said, “….. There are some big issues at the moment, like the development of the emergency hospital in Cramlington, care of the elderly and aftercare from hospital. These are important issues that affect people in the area”. From January, he will be taking up the role of Public Governor.
Meanwhile, it has been reported that Yvonne Davies from Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has won the title of communicator of the year at the Association for Healthcare Communications and Marketing 2011 Awards.
From past 12 months, she has been performing best in promoting the work of the hospitals of Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Manchester Royal Infirmary and Saint Mary's.
While appraising the efforts of Yvonne Davies, Trust chairman Peter W Mount CBE said, “Colleagues from across the region often contact her for support and advice as working for one of the largest NHS organizations in the country has gained considerable knowledge in many areas of communications such as crisis management, major incidents…”.
Moreover, it has been reported that a new social care and health information point has been launched at Amble library. The opening ceremony of it will take place tomorrow. The new social care and health information point would be catering to the need of the disabled and elders.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids