Bed Blocking Putting NHS in Tight Position
The global financial crunch has left no corner of the world unaffected whether it is industry or health sector all are grappling with the same problem of financial difficulty. It has been reported that the delay in discharge in hospitals has led to bed blocking in Yorkshire’s hospitals.
It has been informed that in the past few months there have been a total of 21,698 days of delayed discharges in hospitals which has caused unavailability of beds for the new patients. As compared to last year, there has been a
50% of jump in the number of delayed discharge days.
The figures clearly shows that the NHS trusts are going through acute pressure. It is estimated that in the coming times there would be increased pressure on NHS. It has been pointed out that various saving programs adopted by a number of hospitals may put them in a tight financial condition.
Hull and East Riding trust have been severely hit by bed blocking. It has been informed that last year there were 1,220 days of delayed discharges in the trust. However, this year, about 4,115 days of delayed discharges have been reported, till November.
In Yorkshire region, there are about 16 trusts out of them ten have been reported of facing increased delayed discharges. Calderdale and Huddersfield trust is the only trust which has reported a decline in the delayed discharges.
It has been informed that each delayed discharge costs NHS about £260. However, in the last three months, the delayed discharge has led to an expense of £1m. While commenting upon the findings, Jo Webber, Deputy Director of policy at the NHS Confederation said, “What it shows is that the system is finding it more difficult to cope”.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids