Traditional Chinese Acupuncture Effective in Treating Migraine, Say Researchers
A recent study has highlighted that the traditional Chinese acupuncture is much effective in treating migraines as compared to the “sham” acupuncture used by the physicians using needles.
Traditional Chinese acupuncture often relieves patients from the agony of pain as compared to the scientific version of acupuncture. During the study, participants of the study were provide with three kinds of traditional Chinese acupuncture, and it was found that the participants didn’t report of migraine pain for at least four weeks.
There are three types of traditional Chinese acupunctures. All of these have positive outcomes over the patients as compared to the scientific or sham acupunctures. Sham acupuncture also provides relief to the patients however only 50% to 75% of the patients are helped by it.
It is estimated that about 8% of the men and 18% of the women of the US and England are suffering from migraine problem. Dr. Gayatri Devi, from Lenox Hill Hospital, said, “I think it makes a difference…. the fact is that it does work. It doesn't seem to matter how you put in the needles . . . I think as a treatment for pain, acupuncture should be embraced”.
For the study, the researchers studied as many as 480 adults with migraine problem. Acupuncture is used in many Asian countries for treating pain of people. Although the study has highlighted that the traditional Chinese acupuncture does have positive outcomes, it doesn’t mean that the sham acupuncture is useless.
Patients can be helped with the sham acupuncture as well. However, the percentage of people receiving positive outcomes is just 50 to 75. Migraine like pains is severe, and can cause long term suffering. Migraine is hard to be cured by medications and therefore many patients opt for treatments like acupuncture.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies