Omega-3 Fatty Acids Can Inspire Heart Arrhythmia
Making an immensely frightening but important disclosure, a recent US study has revealed that older adults having high blood levels related to omega-3 fatty acids, which are most widespread among fishes, are as much as 30% less expected to experience episodes of irregular heartbeat later on in their life as compared to people having low omega-3s blood levels.
In addition, the research further stated as much as 9% of people in U. S. are likely to experience atrial fibrillation in their later life, most probably in their 80s. However, the researchers admitted that these are just estimations as far as the age and time is concerned, but they added that the chances of these people developing atrial fibrillation are fairly high. The abnormality of heart rhythm is a sensitive health issue, and it can further result in causing various life-threatening issues like stroke, attack or heart failure.
There are not many therapies available to control the said condition and for the most part, these cases are highly preventable in leading to stroke by the means of various blood-thinning drugs.
While expressing his opinion regarding the finding of the study, along with stressing on the need for people to become aware of the risk in the nick of time so that symptoms of such life-threatening ailments can be spotted and fixed before it gets too long, the lead author of the study and professor at the Harvard School of Public Health, Dariush Mozaffarian, said: “A 30 percent lower risk of the most common chronic arrhythmia in the United States population is a pretty big effect”.
A number of studies conducted earlier in this regard have also highlighted the fact that people who are into a habit of eating fish generally tend to have a reduced level of threat when it comes to falling prey to atrial fibrillation in the first place.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies