Dubai World in talks with creditors over debt repayment
Dubai World officials are meeting creditors to discuss debt repayment plan.
A media report quoting a participant said, “The possibility of repaying all bank loans in full was discussed as a medium-term possibility.”
The report also said that the meeting is meat to provide banks with information on Dubai world’s debt and the terms of support of the Government of Dubai.
The state-owned Dubai World is seeking to restructure about $22 billion of debt. Previous month, it surprised world markets with its announcement that it would seek freeze or delay the repayment of debt until at least the end of May.
Dubai World recently received $10 billion loan from Abu Dhabi which assisted it in repaying $4.1 billion on an Islamic bond from Nakheel.
Overall, Dubai World is burdened with a heavy debt of around $59 billion.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies