Schoolbags Increase Children’s Back Pain
As per the research which has been published in the Archives of Disease in Childhood, it has been revealed that most common cause of spinal pain in school children is their school bags. In order to reach the above conclusion, researchers from Spain assessed 1403 schoolchildren, who were aged between 12 and 17.
It was found that a quarter of them have been suffering from lower back pain and many of them have also been suffering from problem known as curvature of the spine. Co-author Prof. Alberto Ruano, of University of Santiago De Compostel, Spain, said: "Many children transport excessively loaded backpacks, an excess which would not be allowed for workers in employment. We strongly encourage the medical and educational community to start advising parents and school children about the risks posed by heavy school bags".
The study researchers were of the view that though the study has been conducted in Spain, the problem is common across the globe. It is a high time now that schools should understand the fact that heavy school bags can damage back of children. Recently, Britain was also found to be witnessing similar problems.
Some of the many common back problems being found in school going children are scoliosis, lower back pain and involuntary muscle contractions. The bag increases about 15% of the body weight and hurts the back of children. Daily pressure leads to back injury and in many cases the problem becomes untreatable.
It is also recommended that children should be asked to perform some light weight exercise, which can keep their back in correct posture as well as they should be asked to sit in right posture.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids