On Support of Strong Earnings Last year, Pret Plans to Expand Business
With a booming business in 2011, the famous Sandwich chain Pret A Manger is planning to introduce another 550 jobs in the UK this year. According to Clive Schlee, the chief executive of Pret A Manger, the brand is very soon opening 44 new shops, with most of them in UK. The cities that have been considered for the same are Madrid, Barcelona and Berlin.
He said that this new recruitment will help in the operations of these new shops. The company prefers to recruit attractive, energetic and smart young people this time and therefore they have plans to visit the careers department of mostly every school in UK this year. This way the out-comers of British schools will also be optimistic to work for the brand.
Pret A Manger is also planning to spread out its apprenticeship agenda for those who have no shelters to stay. They expect to have around 70 apprentices this year working with them. In fact, they have already employed 50 such people in their venture.
While stating that majority of the units of this chain are possessed by the private equity firm Bridgepoint and have outlets in US and Hong Kong, Schlee also mentioned that since years London poses out as the strongest trading center. He said: “Parisians eat more puddings and fewer crisps than their London counterparts. We did a lot of research on French tastes”.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies