Text Messages Elevate Mood
As per a study, published in the journal Professional Psychology, it has been revealed that a text message is an effective way to treat depression and loneliness.
A team of researchers from the University of California has found that sending and receiving text messages is a great way to lighten up the mood of a person as well as a great way to feel positive.
Study author Professor Adrian Aguilera said that they started their research in 2010 and found that when a person receives a good message at the time of crisis, then he feels cared and gets strength to solve the problem.
In order to reach at the above given solution, the study researchers surveyed 2,277 adult mobile phone users. Aguilera developed a customized Short Message Service (SMS) intervention programme and asked the volunteers to keep him updated about how they feel when they receive positive and negative messages.
“We are harnessing a technology that people use in their everyday lives to improve mental health in low-income, under-served communities”, said Aguilera. He further affirmed that he realized one thing mobile phones act as a great stress buster for those who did not have laptops, computers, smart phones and other e-gadgets.
One of the volunteer, who took part in the survey, said that she feels quiet positive after receiving a motivational message. Even small words of encouragement at the time of crisis are of the great help and elevate the mood of a person.
Aguilera said that text messages have been criticized for spreading illiteracy as people use short forms while messaging. It is also know. to take lives of people as people do not stop texting their friends while driving. However, it is the first time that its positive use has been revealed.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden