Deadly Flu At The Nursing Home Has Finally Receded, Confirms HSE
Recently, there was a pandemonium after the deaths of seven elderly residents at the Co Donegal nursing home, whose reason was stated to be a flu outbreak. There were many more residents who were having symptoms of the influenza. But the latest confirmation by the HSE would come as a sigh of relief for many that the outbreak at the Nazareth House, Fahan, Buncrana, has finally receded and was declared over on April 14th.
The HSE also assured that all the residents that had symptoms of the virus had completely recovered and are out of danger. But they have also suggested that no new resident would be admitted to the nursing home unless the whole facility is uncontaminated. A spokeswoman from the HSE gave a statement, “Residents will be admitted once a terminal clean has been completed. We will be keeping a watching brief for the next week or so and a report will be written and it will be made available to the public as soon as possible”.
This comes as a sigh of relief for many, as at one stage, the situation was very tense after 14 residents at the 48-bed facility got infected with the deadly virus. They were later put in isolation and separated from other residents to make sure that there is no further spreading of the virus.
The HSE also gave some insights on the bug that engulfed the nursing home, stating that although it was a very mild infection, due to the fact that older people have a weak immunity, it became the cause of deaths. The HSE has also urged the general population which includes older residents of other nursing homes as well as the health care staff to ensure that their influenza vaccinations are up to date.
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study