Blood Donors Told to Come Forward With Olympics Round the Corner
In a bid to make sure that there is no dearth in blood stock, scores of events are expected to start soon so that more and more numbers of people across the East of England are being made aware about the value of blood donation.
Spearheaded by the NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT), the events would be aimed to push the blood stocks up by 30% before the start of the games in London in the month of July 2012.
There has been drop in blood donations in recent past and this is what is making the authorities concerned to come forward and spur efforts in the direction of roping in a large number of donors. There are chances that some specific blood groups would be high in demand knowing the fact that there would be people coming from other countries too during the games.
“This year we have a unique situation and need donors from the East of England and across the country to help counterbalance the inevitable dip in donations as people celebrate a memorable summer for the whole country”, said Jon Latham, spokesman for NHS Blood and Transplant, who is of the view that there is need to make a lot efforts to ensure that things are fine enough for one and all during the much awaited event.
Moreover, appeals are being made to those who are eligible to donate blood especially over 181,000 in the East of England region so that the blood stocks are sufficient enough to meet any urgent need. Though there is demand for every blood group, it was confirmed that those having blood group of O+, O-, and B- are being specially called forward.
There is need that people do come forward and extend their support which could change one’s life forever.
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network