Free Care Should Be Only For Poor and Vulnerable
The Centre for Social Justice has come down hard on the policies of the government stating that it should set its priorities straight. In its reports, it has categorically said that the middle class that is well-off should not expect help with care home bills.
The subsidy that the government provides should only be meant for the poor and the vulnerable. It also mentioned that the care system has been going through turmoil and that it has been treating many people very badly. The quality of the care in the region as also dropped below the standard.
It also insisted that the ministers should think twice before coming up with new reforms that would spare thousands of older people from the need to sell their homes to pay care home bills. There have also adjudicated guidelines like increase of threshold from £23,000 to £100,000.
The Institute of Economic Affairs also issued a statement stating that there would the dire financial repercussions of these mistaken reforms. It added that rather than campaigning for reforms these pressure groups should come up with practical solutions to the problems that is being faced in the delivery of more effective care at lower cost.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden