24-hour News Channel Sky News Arabia launched in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi Media and BSkyB joint venture Sky News Arabia kicked off with 24-hour Arabic news channel.
Based in Abu Dhabi, Sky News Arabia will compete with Al-Jazeera and Dubai based Al-Arabiya.
Sky News Arabia Chairman Sultan Ahmed al-Jaber said that the region needs more coverage and with rising number of subscribers in the region, the timing to launch a new channel seems perfect.
Qatar based Al-Jazeera has been very popular in the region. Sky News Arabia will be covering the stories in the region with 12 bureau offices and editorial staff of 400. With technical expertise and innovative ideas of BskyB, Sky News Arabia will offer tough competition to Arabic channels.
New Zealand News
- Tesla plans to open Superchargers to other automakers this year: Elon Musk
- 2022 Audi e-tron GT to hit US roads this summer, prices starting at $99,900
- South Korean EV battery manufacturers to invest $35 billion by 2030
- Chinese smart EV maker XPeng to join Hang Seng Composite Index
- New South Wales announces new policy to boost EV adoption
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study
- Results of Tesla Model S Plaid fast charging study are quite amazing
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power