IPIC hikes its stake in OMV to 20.0%
Abu Dhabi-based International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC) is said to have increased its stake holding in Austrian fuels group OMV. The company now owns 51.5% of OMV's registered capital with the Austrian government but the mode of stake hike is yet to be confirmed.
OMV said in a press statement, "A consortium agreement concluded by OMV's two core shareholders Österreichische Industrieholding AG (ÖIAG) representing the Austrian state and IPIC provides for their co-ordinated behavior and for restrictions on shareholdings."
ÖIAG and IPIC, holding 154,550,263 shares, would be entitled to voting rights for the given shares. IPIC had acquired 13% stock in OMV in 1994 from ÖIAG and later increased its stake to 19.6% through a right issue.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden