Security alert on Emirates flight over bomb threat
Police has claimed to have foiled an attempt of bomb blast by arresting three persons on board the Emirates Airlines flight to Dubai scheduled to leave at 8 pm from Heathrow Airport, the World's busiest international air hubs. Scotland Yard, in a statement, said that these persons were arrested based on suspicion.
Confirming the incident, an airport spokesman said that police has been investigating the matter and it is expected to come up with credible results after completing preliminary examinations. He added, "Police are attending. It's not affecting the rest of the airport which remains opens."
A spokesman for Scotland Yard thanked the passengers and staff for their cooperation and sought apology for inconvenience caused to them. Meanwhile, the flight would leave at 1500 GMT Saturday, according to the information made available by the airline.
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study