Security alert on Emirates flight over bomb threat
Police has claimed to have foiled an attempt of bomb blast by arresting three persons on board the Emirates Airlines flight to Dubai scheduled to leave at 8 pm from Heathrow Airport, the World's busiest international air hubs. Scotland Yard, in a statement, said that these persons were arrested based on suspicion.
Confirming the incident, an airport spokesman said that police has been investigating the matter and it is expected to come up with credible results after completing preliminary examinations. He added, "Police are attending. It's not affecting the rest of the airport which remains opens."
A spokesman for Scotland Yard thanked the passengers and staff for their cooperation and sought apology for inconvenience caused to them. Meanwhile, the flight would leave at 1500 GMT Saturday, according to the information made available by the airline.
New Zealand News
- 10 pm COVID-19 curfew will negatively impact casino workers, warns BGC
- Donaco International reports H1 net loss of AU$59 million, showing significant year-on-year improvement
- Why the NZ Dollar Could Have a Very Bright Future
- Sydney’s Star Casino fined $90,000 for allowing minors to gamble in 2019
- Danville Casino Campaign being led by former Caesars CEO Tony Rodio