New Media Office created by Dubai to Manage Tarnished Image
A law launching the Dubai Government Media Office was issued recently by His Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai.
The Dubai Ruler's Court will take over the new unit, which comes within efforts to improve channels of communications with the local, Arab and international media community and mobilize resources for delivering an exact image of events in Dubai and providing the Dubai message in a clear, objective and effective style, at par with the highest of international standards.
Furthermore, a decree appointing Ahmed Abdullah Al Shaikh, Media Escort to Shaikh Mohammed, as Director-General of Dubai Government Media Office was also unveiled by Shaikh Mohammed.
As per the law, Dubai Press Club, Falcon and Associates, and Dubai Media Affairs Office (Brand Dubai) will also be looked over by the Dubai Government Media Office. It was in June when Brand Dubai was made with the aim of preserving Dubai's image while Falcon and Associates, created the same month was also headed by Ahmad Abdullah Al Shaikh.
Both the law and decree will come in effect immediately.
Ensuring coordination in auditing information and standardizing media messages would be the main aim of all these units, which are joining forces.
The new unit will work in coordination with government departments in order to provide the media with news on activities of Shaikh Mohammed and Government of Dubai and organise press conferences of the Ruler and the Government.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids