Doomsday Hovers over Kiwifruit Growers
The Kiwifruit industry has been hit very hard due to destructive bacteria Psa, which has led to many growers facing an uncertain future. They have now been forced to make the toughest decision that they could ever make and cut out the vulnerable gold kiwifruit vines that have been the industry's stellar performer. Moreover, they would then have to invest again in a new variety, which might also end up in the same fashion.
There are many people who have poured their hearts and souls in this industry and would lose all their savings. If a person works his whole life to achieve something only t find out that they have to give it up to start afresh, then there is nothing more tormenting than that.
The wines are like babies to these growers, who would now have to cut down the thing that they grew with their own hands. The heart of a grower breaks on thinking that there is nothing that they can do in order to stop it.
Mat and Kris Johnston are among hundreds of other Bay of Plenty kiwifruit growers that are living in fear that they have the same thing coming towards them.
New Zealand News
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- CATL and LG Energy account for nearly 54% of global xEV battery market: SNE Research
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network
- EV ownership costs significantly lower than conventional models: French Study