Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Unveils Osteoporosis Drug
In a recent report, it has been confirmed that Dr Reddy's Laboratories has unveiled its anti-osteoporosis drug Ibandronate Sodium.
It is in tablet form and would be available in US market in 150 mg dose. The tablet is reported to be the generic version of the Swiss pharma giant Roche's Boniva brand, which is apparently used to deal with post-menopausal osteoporosis.
It was only made possible after it got the approval from the US drug regulator, the Food & Drug Administration, and finally on the 29th of June, 2012, it was launched in the American market. It has been known that there has been tremendous sale of Roche's Boniva and its generic versions in the US market.
"The tablets are available in the cartons of three blister packs containing 1 tablet each”, confirmed Dr. Reddy's. However, it is to be noted that there has been a long running patent dispute over Boniva between the Swiss drugmaker and Dr Reddy's.
With the revelation, it would not be wrong to say that India is making considerable progress in the field of drugs. As soon as the news hit the market, the shares of the company were seen trading at Rs 1,642 per scrip in the afternoon trade on BSE.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain