Legal Action Taken Against Hospital over Hepatitis C Outbreak
Recent reports suggest that legal action has been taken against New Hampshire's Exeter Hospital, after outbreak of hepatitis C. It has been reported that people have taken a class action and have affirmed that the outbreak has adversely affected the cardiac catheterization lab of the hospital.
Previous reports suggest that this Monday, the New Hampshire Department of Health declared that 27 people had been diagnosed with the disease, while they were getting the catheter inserted in the laboratory.
Further, it has been administered that the out of the total infected patients, one of them is a hospital employee. Moreover, 12 other infected are stated to be infected by a strain different from the one that caused the outbreak.
It has been recovered that in total, 59 patients have taken a legal action against the hospital, out of which 49 are stated to be class actions and 12 others are administered to be filed by individuals. It has been revealed that the cases of outbreak were registered in the month of May and June.
State health officials said, “The outbreak was most likely the result of drug diversion by a hospital employee”. They emphasized that drug diversion has become a major concern amongst hospital staff, where they use prescribed drugs for purposes other than medical ones.
New Zealand News
- German automaker Volkswagen invests $620 million in Northvolt to secure EV battery supply
- Top places to see in Singapore
- Xpeng enjoys 483% year-over-year jump in May 2021 deliveries; thanks to robust sale of P7
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power
- Stellantis reportedly in talks with Rome to build gigafactory in Italy
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands