Restricting Viewing Television By 2 Hours Kicks Health
As per a study being published in the online journal BMJ Open, it has been revealed that US young brigade can add more years to their total life span by adopting two simple measures. One of the ways is to stop acting as couch potato, which means spend less time being seated.
Second way is to reduce the amount of time one spends while watching television. The second option holds quite an importance in the research. In order to reach at the above given result, the study researchers assessed the data of the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES).
The data helped them to know some really important information, like exactly how much time US adults spend time while sitting and amount of time, they watch television. This was not the end of their research; the study researchers assessed five other studies, which included assessment of almost 167,000 individuals.
All the studies led them to reach at one conclusion, and that conclusion was two hours of television per day will reduce the risk of early death among US youngsters. "The results of this study indicate that extended sitting time and TV viewing may have the potential to reduce life expectancy in the USA", said the study researchers.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden