Telecom Firm Zain Saudi Arabia reports net loss of $175.2m
Leading Saudi mobile phone operator-Zain Saudi, having 18 percent market share, has contracted its net loss by 29.4 percent in the fourth quarter to $175.2m due to higher revenue from its operations during the period.
The net loss is above the projections of EFG Hermes which forecasted a net loss of SR618m as compared to SR657m during the fourth quarter. The mobile operator reported 44.3 percent decline in operating loss which stood at SR436m during the fourth quarter.
Firm's loss per share rose 35.6 percent to stand at SR2.21 for 2009 as compared to SR1.63 in financial year 2008. It made total revenue of SR3billion in 2009 with a rise of 495 percent against its revenue in 2008.
Zain Saudi Arabia's fourth quarter revenue stood at SR895m, 110.6 percent above than it had reported during the previous year.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden