Man Suffering From Unusual Condition, Feels Like A Pregnant Woman
It sounds weird but a man feels completely the way a woman feels during pregnancy. Mike Dowdall from Britain is experiencing a rare condition.
Dowdall's girlfriend Amanda Bennett is pregnant. He behaves simply like the way Amanda suffers; he suffers morning sickness, longing for food, hot flashes. Nevertheless, he has also gained 28 pounds, since he has been suffering from this exceptional condition, called Couvade syndrome.
The 25-year-old asserted that all changes and sufferings that Amanda is facing due to her pregnancy, even his body is responding in the similar way.
Coming across such a case, a few experts suggest that the condition might be due to presence of female hormones in high levels in Mike's body, while others reason it out as anxiety of becoming a father.
Amanda, of Manchester, said: "People pay more attention to his bump than mine. At first I suspected that Mike was taking the mickey out of my pregnancy symptoms when he complained of feeling queasy".
However, when the symptoms became more prominent, she realized the seriousness of the issue.
After the symptoms turned out to be more severe, Mike visited his GP. GP examined him and concluded that Mike is suffering from Couvade syndrome, during which the patient suffers a severe form of male phantom pregnancy.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids