Man Suffering From Unusual Condition, Feels Like A Pregnant Woman
It sounds weird but a man feels completely the way a woman feels during pregnancy. Mike Dowdall from Britain is experiencing a rare condition.
Dowdall's girlfriend Amanda Bennett is pregnant. He behaves simply like the way Amanda suffers; he suffers morning sickness, longing for food, hot flashes. Nevertheless, he has also gained 28 pounds, since he has been suffering from this exceptional condition, called Couvade syndrome.
The 25-year-old asserted that all changes and sufferings that Amanda is facing due to her pregnancy, even his body is responding in the similar way.
Coming across such a case, a few experts suggest that the condition might be due to presence of female hormones in high levels in Mike's body, while others reason it out as anxiety of becoming a father.
Amanda, of Manchester, said: "People pay more attention to his bump than mine. At first I suspected that Mike was taking the mickey out of my pregnancy symptoms when he complained of feeling queasy".
However, when the symptoms became more prominent, she realized the seriousness of the issue.
After the symptoms turned out to be more severe, Mike visited his GP. GP examined him and concluded that Mike is suffering from Couvade syndrome, during which the patient suffers a severe form of male phantom pregnancy.
New Zealand News
- German automaker Volkswagen invests $620 million in Northvolt to secure EV battery supply
- Top places to see in Singapore
- Xpeng enjoys 483% year-over-year jump in May 2021 deliveries; thanks to robust sale of P7
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Garelli rolls out new electric scooter Ciclone E4 with more power
- Stellantis reportedly in talks with Rome to build gigafactory in Italy
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands