Grandparents Restricting Their Finances to Support Their Grandchildren
Findings in a recent survey have highlighted that in many cases, elderly people are restricting their own needs to financially support their children and grandchildren. MetLife Mature Market Institute conducted this survey, which highlighted the role of grandparents in upbringing of their grandchildren, be it in terms of money, time and values.
The survey titled Grandparents Investing in Grandchildren emphasized that with economy of America facing major problems and unemployment ruling the country, Americans who financially become weak asks support from their parents and grandparents.
Out of the total grandparents surveyed, 20% were residing in multi-generational households, 13% were financially supporting and caring for one of the grandchild.
Moreover, 62% affirmed that since the past five years, they have been financially aiding their grandchildren. 34% of them had to cut short their own desires and needs to support their grandchildren financially.
Nevertheless, the generation suggested that they even wish to inculcate certain moral values in their grandchildren, with 88% voting for honesty, 82% favoring good behavior, 73% highlighted the importance of voting, 70% wanted them to be self-sufficient, 69% wanted them to go for higher education and 68% wanted them to abide by healthy habits. Grandparents said, "It's important that their grandchildren maintain their standard of living".
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network