S Tel raises $50 million, sells 11% stake to GB Corp
Bahrain-based Islamic investment bank- Global Banking Corporation (GB Corp) has acquired 11 per cent stakes in GSM service provider S Tell through Batelco Millenium India Company (BMIC) which already owns a 42.7% stake in the telecom firm. The move helped S Tell promoted by C Sivasankaran to raise $50 million which would be used for enhancing its telecom operations.
P Saminathan, Group President telecom, Siva Group added, "Though this fresh issue, BMIC will now hold 49% and the Indian promoters Siva Group would hold the remaining 51%."
V Srinivasan, CEO and Director of Siva Group said that the recent deal indicates strong growth potential of S Tell in the highly potential and competitive Indian telecom market. Srinivasan added, "The strategic partnership with the Batelco Group and a strong investment bank like GB Corp., will enable S Tel to make significant strides into the telecom market in India."
S Tel which already started operations in Orissa, Bihar and Himachal in December 2009 retains a subscriber base of over 4 lakh in these three telecom circles. It also owns unified access services licenses to operate in Northeast, Assam and J&K and will soon roll out services in these segments.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network