NHS Worcestershire Delays Hospital Review
A meeting of NHS Worcestershire was held recently and following the same, it has been decided by managers of the trust to delay a review into the future services at hospitals, reveals a recent report.
All bosses were though previously of the opinion that some units, including the Accident and Emergency (A&E) unit at Alexandra Hospital in Redditch, should be put to closure, the meeting has led them to agree upon a fact that more information is needed before any such action is taken.
As per the findings, a petition was signed by almost or above 52,000 numbers of people showing their opposition to the proposals of closure. And the same has made the managers to give a second thought to their decision.
The trust running hospitals in Redditch, Kidderminster and Worcester had, however, made the plan so as to save £50m by the arrival of 2015. But, it is now being affirmed that deeper analysis of the implications would be conducted so that patients and local people get what they deserve.
Besides, Neal Stote of ‘Save the Alex’, a campaign group, is now worried seeing the ongoing uncertainty as NHS has avowed, "no change is not an option”. It is being said that this attitude may have adverse effects on staff as well as on recruitments.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden