Campaigners Oppose Proposed Changes at West-London Hospital Services
Plans to reorganize NHS in north-west London include cuts in major services at four out of nine hospitals. The same has become the reason of outrage amid politicians, unions as well as campaigners, a recent report has uncovered.
Saturday had thus brought a standstill in Ealing, a suburb in the country, when all these campaigners came forward to show their opposition. It is being said by them that closure of accident and emergency, intensive care and maternity departments at hospitals would jeopardize thousands of lives.
Hammersmith, Central Middlesex, Ealing and Charing Cross have been chosen to see such changes. However, West Middlesex, Hillingdon and Chelsea and Westminster with St Mary's and Northwick Park may also see a few reforms,
The plans have been proposed with warnings that absence of change would fuel the debt amounts by 2015, making it up to some £300 million. But, anti-cuts protesters plying placards like ‘Hands Off Our Hospitals’ and ‘Save Our Hospitals’ say the way is not appropriate to maintain budgets.
Thus only a march was joined by them from Southall Park and Acton Park, further rallying at Ealing Common. "If these proposals go ahead some 700,000 people who live and work in these parts of London will see a dramatic change to the NHS services provided”, said GMB regional organizer Tony Hughes.
New Zealand News
- Tesla offering new discounts & perks in China amid negative press
- Electric Vehicle Council slams Victoria Government for proposed punitive mileage tax on electric cars
- Chinese EV brand Ora unveils VW Beetle-inspired electric car Punk Cat
- Swapping personal car for e-bicycle saved over $50,000 in just 7 years: San Francisco woman
- Hyundai Motor Corp to create ultra-fast EV charging network E-pit in Korea
- Tesla pockets roughly $101 million in profit from sale of some of its bitcoins
- Norway’s ICE car sales decline as buyers making shift to EVs
- Pursang launches Retro-inspired E-Track Motorcycle for Euro 14,449 in Netherlands
- ElectReon successfully tests dynamic wireless EV charging system on public road in Sweden
- Volvo to design special Gothenburg Green City Zone for autonomous & related technologies