Affordable Care Effective in reducing Abortion Rates: Researchers
A recent study has found that the introduction of Affordable Care Act will help in reducing the abortion rates in the country. The study was conducted by the Washington University School of Medicine.
The study was conducted after having enrolled women in the Contraceptive Choice Project program. Under the program, women are provided with free birth control pills. The participants had an access to free pills for three years.
During the study, it was found that access to birth control pill helped women in preventing unwanted pregnancies. For the study, about 9,256 women were enrolled in the program. Every year about 19.6 abortions take place in
1,000 women. However, during the study only 4.4 to 7.5 abortions took place in 1,000 women.
It is hoped that the Affordable Care Act in future will help in reducing the abortion rates significantly. The Affordable Care Act is also known as Obamacare. Through the Obamacare many women in the country have been helped in saying no to the unwanted pregnancies.
Increased rates of abortion had been an issue in the US for quite long. But, it is hoped that the Obamacare will help in dealing with it.
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Plug-in cars’ share grows to 32% in Netherlands in September 2021
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids