Dubai's Meydan ready for first event tonight
Dubai's Meydan Grandstand and Racecourse is ready for successfully hosting the World's richest horse race tonight at the Dubai International Racing Carnival. The major attraction of the event will be the Dubai World Cup on March 27 in which winner would get $10 million in prize money.
All arrangements have been made for the spectators to enjoy the carnival. Meydan's facilities also have a hotel, a racing museum, a marina and an IMAX cinema which are enough to make it usable for 365 days a year.
Saeed al-Tayer, Chief Executive Officer of the Meydan project added, "We have done the trials and are happy with them. The future of racing will be cemented with the introduction of Meydan."
Dubai, which remained in lime light for Dubai World's crisis, has a chance to shine back by holding the prestigious event. A whopping 10-billion dirham spent for constructing the 1.6-km grandstand and racecourse, the biggest and most expensive track in history, has helped to push growth of the construction sector.
Tayer further added, "We will not only focus on the history of racing but also the traditions of the desert and the local environment. We have been looking at how to make Meydan an all-year round attraction."
New Zealand News
- Porsche reportedly developing electric version of 718 sports car
- Tesla Model Y Performance becomes little bit more expensive to order in China
- Porsche’s recently unveiled Mission R Concept previews electric race cars of future
- Chinese manufacturer GAC’s Aion V e-SUV can charge 0-80% in just 8 minutes
- Oshidori International exits Japanese casino race, citing serious ethical irregularities
- Italian motorcycle racer Valentino Rossi enters e-bike business with VR46 MTB range
- Micro Mobility shows off production version of Microlino 2.0 and 3-wheeled e-scooter
- Chinese electric motorcycle maker Evoke Motorcycles to set up shops in Spain
- TenneT adds more electric BMWs to study use of EVs to support power grids
- Italy’s ASPI announces plans to install cross-country ultra-fast EV charging network