UAE editors for localization of media
The Chief Editors of local newspapers has asked for the need for having proper coordination and communication between local public and private media establishments and government owned National Media Council (NMC).
The editors also submitted a memorandum on emiratisation of the media sector in the UAE to Saqr Gobash Saeed Gobash, Minister of Labour, and Chairman of the National Media Council (NMC). The editors also discussed a number of issues concerned to media at a meeting organized by the National Media Council (NMC).
They asked for having a special national level committee for the larger interest of Media in UAE. The body would provide regular feedback to the National Media Council for carrying forward emiratisation in the media sector.
The editors also asked for expediting the process for the training and rehabilitation undertaken by the Journalists Association by properly using funds worth AED One million for this purpose.
Speaking at the meeting, Dr. Ali Jaber, the Dean of Mohammed bin Rashid Media College explained the programs run by the collage in a number of Media disciplines.
New Zealand News
- First deliveries of all-electric Porsche in Australia to take place this weekend
- Crown Resorts suffers record six-month loss due to COVID-19 closures
- Australia’s Crown Resorts 'not suitable' for Sydney gaming license: Inquiry Commission
- What Does Phasing Out Cheques Tell Us About Finance in New Zealand?
- South Korean casino operator GKL closes third casino amid soaring cases of COVID-19